I’m not big on resolutions, but this driven, type-A-to-the-core woman loves making lists and goals. Problem is often I push myself too hard right off the block and then run out of fuel before hitting the finish line. This year I’m attempting to set simple, steady, realistic goals. Ones I hope will stretch me without stressing me. And ones that I plan to take a day at a time, rather than trying to sprint through the race in the first week.
- My Spiritual Goal: Psalm 91:1. That’s it. I figure if I can learn to do this well, peace will reign regardless of what the year holds.
- My Family Goal: RELAX. I want to learn to chill out more, not make such a big deal out of trivial things, but make a huge deal out of the big things, like spending time and energy loving my husband and boys without restraint.
- My Friendship Goal: Invest more deeply and intentionally in a few. Praying about who those “few” are.
- My Personal Goal: Forgive what needs forgiving.
- My Writing Goal: Finish my non-fiction book. I’m almost there! On top of that, I want to finish the last 40,000 words of my novel and dig into deep editing.
- My Time Management Goal: Learn to check my email, FB, Twitter only three times a day. This includes being intentional about making solitude, introspection, and reflection as much a part of my daily routine as my chaotic internet life.
- My Blogging Goal: Hmmmm … can’t tell you this one. You’ll just have to come back and visit this week to find out!
There you have it. What are some of your goals for 2010?