I thought I’d only been absent from blogging for a few weeks. But I checked the date stamp of my last post.
Seriously? Has it really been that long? To be honest, September was a blur. I don’t even remember October. And now we’re already into the second week of November.
Here’s a quick update from my world:
- I spent the past month–er, two months–deciding the future of this site. Rather than eliminating it altogether, I’ve decided on a website makeover. The good news is I’ll still be blogging (thanks to those of you who wrote and said you’ve missed it!). The bad news is posting will be sporadic during the redesign period. My goal is to have the new site up and running by the first of the year. Until then, I’ll try to post about once a week.
- Also starting in January, I’ll be sending out a monthly newsletter (yep, only once a month!). The content will be half inspirational and half informative (writing releases, travel news, speaking dates/locations, etc.). To sign up, send me an email. I’ll add you to the list!
- Two new compilations (including stories from yours truly) released during my blogging absence. Chicken Soup: Devotionals For Mothers released October 3, and Chicken Soup: Christmas Magic released October 12. If you would like a copy of either or both, you can order on Amazon, or send me an email to purchase a personalized copy!
- At the end of September, I taped a Focus on the Family radio program about stepmoms, a subject close to my heart. That program will air this coming Monday, November 15th. You can listen to it live on your local radio station or online.
- October 25-28 I participated in another DCW conference in Vail, CO. I know it’s supposed to feel like work, since it IS technically part of my job. But our staff and students always inspire me. I love what I do! By the way, if you’re interested in becoming a speaker or improving your speaking skills, pencil in May 2-5, 2011 in Atlanta, GA.
- TODAY I received a copy of Devotions from Standard Publishing, including 7 devotionals I wrote back in 2009. Yep, 2009. (I don’t think I had to color my hair back then). Yes, the pub process is SLOW. Still, reading those words from two years was like taking a walk through an old journal. Priceless.
That’s it for now. More to come next week. In the meantime, fill me in on YOU. Have the past two months been a blur for you like they have been for me?